First, we would like to thank you for choosing to have your new countertops installed by Lumbermen’s Counter Solutions. Our teams of employee owners look forward to serving you!
You will be contacted directly by one of our template technicians on the day your countertops are scheduled to be measured to verify their arrival time. Please review and complete this simple but important checklist before they arrive to ensure an efficient and accurate template experience.
Your Template Experience
- Please remove all objects or construction material from the top of cabinets. If existing countertops are in place, remove all household items. Your technician will require an unobstructed view of the fronts of cabinets and walls to develop the drawing that will be used for the fabrication of your countertops.
- If you are not using a Counter Solutions sink, please make sure your sink is on site. If it will be under mounted, we will most likely be taking the sink back to our shop to measure it and ensure a perfect fit.
- If you are using a farm/apron sink, we require that it is installed prior to templating.
- Ensure faucets and all other fixtures (soap, water purifier, disposal switch) on site for templating. If this is not possible, please be prepared to provide fixture specifications and to discuss number of holes and locations in which they need to be drilled.
- Be prepared to supply the make and model numbers of new stoves and cooktops. If you are using exisiting appliances, make sure they are on site for us to verify dimensions.
- A “decision maker” will need to be on site to assist in making any final choices required for sizing or design. We understand that most of these decisions and selections have already been made in participation with your salesperson, designer or builder, however, we appreciate the opportunity to doublecheck information before your countertops go into production.
Just as on your scheduled template day, your installation team will contact you with information pertaining to their arrival time. Please prepare accordingly by following these steps to assist in a safe and successful countertop installation.
Your Install Experience
- Coordinate the removal of existing countertops. If Counter Solutions is scheduled to do the removal of your existing countertops, we ask that you clear out the contents of the lower cabinets. While our team pays great attention to keeping mess to a minimum, some dust or debris from your existing countertops may fall into cabinets while we are removing them. This also allows the team to conduct cleaning during and upon completion of your installation.
- Clear any construction material or tools from cabinets so our team is ready to carry
countertops in when they arrive.
- Disconnect any water, gas or electrical lines. This would include an existing sink or an existing cooktop. Our Counter Solutions Team members have been instructed to avoid disturbing any existing plumbing, gas or electric lines as they are not licensed plumbers or electricians.
- Remove top drawers of cabinets so our installation team has access to the underside of the new countertops. If this proves for any reason to be too difficult, your installation team will be happy to assist.
- Provide a safe and unobstructed route from where our team will park their vehicle to where your countertops will be installed. This would include snow and ice removal, removal of construction related material and furniture if the situation requires. Whatever could be done to coordinate easy access to the room where the work is being done is appreciated and your install team will communicate and assist where needed.
- Appliances, new and existing, must be onsite for the installation of your new countertops. Your installation team will need access to all appliances in order to verify the sizes of cooktop cutouts, stove and fridge openings.
- A “decision maker” will also need to be onsite during your installation to assist with any minor questions your installers may have. Your installation team may require further information if faucet holes need to be drilled or if they have any questions that may help to ensure your satisfaction. We would also appreciate your time to review and approve of the work once the installation has been completed.
Laminate countertops are regarded as one of the most environmentally friendly countertop surfaces, offering a broad selection in design and budget flexibility.
Everyday cleaning of laminate countertops is as simple as a quick wipe with a damp cloth. All laminate materials resist finger prints, coffee spills and so much more.
Please refer to the manufacturer’s web site for specific instructions and the warranty that applies to your countertop selection.
To clean the surface use a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap or detergent. Do not use hard abrasives such as comet or steel wool.
Difficult residue such as dried coffee or tea can be removed using mild household cleaner or detergent and a soft bristled brush, repeating as necessary. If a residue persists, use a paste of baking soda and water. Apply with a soft bristled brush. Lightly scrubbing for 10 to 20 strokes should remove most residue. Excessive scrubbing or exerting to much force could cause damage to the laminate. This procedure should not be the normal general cleaning method or used on gloss finish laminates.
Residue or staining that resists the above cleaning method may require the use of undiluted household bleach or nail polish remover. Apply the bleach or nail polish remover to the stain and let stand no longer than two minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and wipe dry. You may repeat this but prolonged exposure to the laminate surface will cause discoloration.
Hot pans and electrical appliances should never come in contact with your laminate
countertop. Never place pots or dishes directly from the oven or stove onto your countertop. Always use hot pads or trivets. Laminate exposed to heat can and will mar or burn.
Avoid exposing your laminate to harsh chemicals such as oven cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, hair or food dyes, drain cleaners or products containing any kind of acid.
View complete care and maintenance at the products website.
Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s warrants the purchaser that our fabricated products will be free of manufacturing defects for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s warranty obligation is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the fabricated product and excludes labor charges.
Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s warranty does not include the following:
B) Heat related damage
C) Improper use or abuse after delivery or installation.
D) Improper installations by anyone other than a Counter Solutions installer.
E) Delamination, swelling or other water damage, including seams by sink areas
F) Abrasive or chemical damage, including household cleaners or other substances not meant for use on laminate.
Laminate countertops that are ordered “furnished only” are inspected and boxed before shipping. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to inspect all materials at the time of delivery. All damage claims on “furnished only” tops are to be reported immediately.
Laminate countertops that are ordered “furnished only” should be installed immediately to prevent warping. Laminate tops should be stored flat in a dry area.
Some laminates are directional or have random patterns; therefore, Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s will not guarantee color match at seams, miters, or other joints.
Please note specific brand warranty information on each products individual website. Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s does not warrant the laminate materials.
Lumbermen’s Featured Laminate
Other Brands Include (but are not limited to)
Edge profiles may vary slightly from pictures. Not all profiles are available with all brands. Contact customer service if more details are required.