Simply Better is a quartz countertop program focused on quality, trending colors, and timely installation.
Counter Solutions is a division of Lumbermen’s, which recently expanded to an 85,000-square-foot facility in Byron Center, Michigan.
Simply Better Quartz Color Options
Calacatta Plazo Lite
Broadway Black - Polished
Broadway Black - Velvet
Eternal Calacatta Gold
Eternal Pearl Jasmine
Quartz Sink Reveals
Sink choice may have an effect on availability of reveal.
Overhang Reveal (Standard)
The countertop edge overhangs to cover the inside edge of the sink.
The countertop edge sits back to expose the radius edge detail of the sink.
First, we would like to thank you for choosing to have your new countertops installed by Lumbermen’s Counter Solutions. Our teams of employee owners look forward to serving you!
You will be contacted directly by one of our template technicians on the day your countertops are scheduled to be measured to verify their arrival time. Please review and complete this simple but important checklist before they arrive to ensure an efficient and accurate template experience.
Your Template Experience
- Please remove all objects or construction material from the top of cabinets. If existing countertops are in place, remove all household items. Your technician will require an unobstructed view of the fronts of cabinets and walls to develop the drawing that will be used for the fabrication of your countertops.
- If you are not using a Counter Solutions sink, please make sure your sink is on site. If it will be under mounted, we will most likely be taking the sink back to our shop to measure it and ensure a perfect fit.
- If you are using a farm/apron sink, we require that it is installed prior to templating.
- Ensure faucets and all other fixtures (soap, water purifier, disposal switch) on site for templating. If this is not possible, please be prepared to provide fixture specifications and to discuss number of holes and locations in which they need to be drilled.
- Be prepared to supply the make and model numbers of new stoves and cooktops. If you are using exisiting appliances, make sure they are on site for us to verify dimensions.
- A “decision maker” will need to be on site to assist in making any final choices required for sizing or design. We understand that most of these decisions and selections have already been made in participation with your salesperson, designer or builder, however, we appreciate the opportunity to doublecheck information before your countertops go into production.
Just as on your scheduled template day, your installation team will contact you with information pertaining to their arrival time. Please prepare accordingly by following these steps to assist in a safe and successful countertop installation.
Your Install Experience
- Coordinate the removal of existing countertops. If Counter Solutions is scheduled to do the removal of your existing countertops, we ask that you clear out the contents of the lower cabinets. While our team pays great attention to keeping mess to a minimum, some dust or debris from your existing countertops may fall into cabinets while we are removing them. This also allows the team to conduct cleaning during and upon completion of your installation.
- Clear any construction material or tools from cabinets so our team is ready to carry
countertops in when they arrive.
- Disconnect any water, gas or electrical lines. This would include an existing sink or an existing cooktop. Our Counter Solutions Team members have been instructed to avoid disturbing any existing plumbing, gas or electric lines as they are not licensed plumbers or electricians.
- Remove top drawers of cabinets so our installation team has access to the underside of the new countertops. If this proves for any reason to be too difficult, your installation team will be happy to assist.
- Provide a safe and unobstructed route from where our team will park their vehicle to where your countertops will be installed. This would include snow and ice removal, removal of construction related material and furniture if the situation requires. Whatever could be done to coordinate easy access to the room where the work is being done is appreciated and your install team will communicate and assist where needed.
- Appliances, new and existing, must be onsite for the installation of your new countertops. Your installation team will need access to all appliances in order to verify the sizes of cooktop cutouts, stove and fridge openings.
- A “decision maker” will also need to be onsite during your installation to assist with any minor questions your installers may have. Your installation team may require further information if faucet holes need to be drilled or if they have any questions that may help to ensure your satisfaction. We would also appreciate your time to review and approve of the work once the installation has been completed.
Quartz countertops offer the beauty and resilience of natural quartz with many positive attributes that make them easy to care for. Natural quartz is tough, nonporous, stain-, heat-, and moisture-resistant for an attractive surface with great durability.
Please refer to the manufacturer’s web site for specific instructions and the warranty that applies to your countertop selection.
- Everyday cleaning, simply wipe with a soft cloth with soap and water
- Option 2 – Rubbing alcohol and water solution or mild household cleaners such as:
- Windex, 409, Fantastic, Simple Green, etc.
Always use a non-abrasive cloth when cleaning to avoid dulling your surface.
Always wipe surface thoroughly dry to avoid streaking and film build up.
Oils on any counter can leave the finish looking messy, smudged and reflect light unpleasantly.
- Option 1 – Soap and water
- Option 2 – Use a mild, alcohol-based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner or rubbing alcohol.
Staining resulting from cosmetic products can make anyone panic. Not to worry!
- Option 1 – Soap and Water
- Option 2 – Apply hydrogen peroxide at a maximum 30% concentration then rinse and wipe with water.
- Option 3 – Rubbing alcohol
Remove any residue from the hydrogen peroxide solution after cleaning to avoid damaging the finish.
Noticing metal marks on a quartz surface can often be confused for scratches. Such metal marks can be easily removed using simple methods. You can delicately rub a white latex eraser on the affected area. Once the stain is gone, clean the surface with one of the daily cleaning solutions as recommended above.
When cleaning any surface, the rule of thumb is to never apply pressure that is heavier than the natural weight of your hand. Otherwise, you can cause dull spots.
- Option 1 – Cleaning vinegar
- Option 2 – Non-abrasive scale remover solution
Scrape the hardened deposit off the surface using a plastic scraper or razor blade followed by one of the approved daily cleaning methods.
Matte finish surfaces require more daily maintenance than polished surfaces. Finger prints, wet spots, metal marks, and other signs of daily living show more on these types of surfaces. Apply the same cleaning guidelines with more frequency and gentler cleaning movement. If necessary, use Simple Green to remove any difficult spots. Matte finishes are not recommended for high traffic areas.
Cutting Boards and Trivets –Quartz surfaces are heat- and scratch-resistant, but not heat and scratch-proof. Hot pans and heat-generating appliances (frying pans, baking pans, electric skillets crock-pots, etc.) can damage your solid surface due to excessive heat. To prevent damage caused by heat, ALWAYS USE A TRIVET WITH LEGS to protect the surface. Always use a cutting board. Never chop or slice food directly on your countertops.
- If any of the substances mentioned below come into contact with your quartz, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.
- No Wax or Polish Necessary - Because it is nonporous, quartz does not require sealants or waxes. Quartz keeps its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing or applying sealant.
- Do Not Use Bleach - Avoid using cleaners that contain bleach. Always follow the cleaner manufacturer’s use instructions and exercise proper care when handling and storing any cleaning products.
- Avoid High-pH Cleaners - Casual exposure to alkaline solutions, such as diluted bleach, will not damage quartz. Highly alkaline (high pH) cleaners, such as oven cleaners and concentrated bleach, are not recommended.
- Removing Cooking Grease - When grease from cooking is an issue, use Greased Lightning™, or a comparable degreasing product, to help loosen and remove the grease from the surface. Follow the cleaner manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Permanent Markers - Keep permanent markers and inks away from your countertops. Should these materials come into contact with the surface, clean first as outlined above in the Daily Cleaning section. If the stain persists, moisten a cloth with Goo Gone®, or a comparable product, and rub it into the stain. Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any cleaner residue.
- Keep Solvents and Powerful Chemicals off of the Counter - Avoid exposing quartz to strong chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach, detergent, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from your quartz.
- Heat Damage Prevention - To maintain the beauty of quartz, do not place hot skillets or roasting pans directly onto the surface. We recommend the use of trivets and hot pads.
- Dealing with More Difficult Spills and Materials - Materials that harden as they dry (such as gum, food, grease, nail polish or paint) are especially tenacious. Remove these by gently scraping away the excess with a plastic putty knife.
VARIATIONS IN THE NATURE STONE (QUARTZ) COLOR, PATTERN, SIZE, SHAPE AND SHADE ARE INHERENT AND UNIQUE CHARATERISTICS TO BE EXPECTED WITH THIS PRODUCT. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE PRODUCT PERFORMANCE IN ANY MANNER.
COLOR BLOTCHES ARE INTENDED AND DESIGNED INTO MANY COLORS TO ENHANCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY. THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
VEINED PATTERNS ARE ALSO INTENDED AND DESIGNED INTO MANY COLORS TO ENHANCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY. EVERY EFFORT IS MADE DURING PRODUCTION TO KEEP THE MATERIAL FLOW AND MOVEMENT THE SAME DIRECTION FOR THESE COLORS. DUE TO THE RANDOM NATURE OF VEINED COLORS IN TERMS OF DIRECTION, HUE, THICKNESS AND VEIN COLOR VARIATION ,THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE DESIGN WILL MATCH UP ACROSS SEAMS, MITERS AND AT LAMINATED (STACKED) EDGE PROFILES. VARIATION AT THESE POINTS IS COMMON AND TO BE EXPECTED AND NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
SAMPLES ARE FROM SMALL SELECT CUTS FROM A SLAB, THEY DO NOT EXHIBIT ALL THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A COLOR AND COMBINED WITH LIMITATIONS ARE NOT FULLY REPRESENTATIVE OF WHAT WILL BE INSTALLED.
REQUESTS FOR PARTICULAR VARIATION AND COLOR CANNOT BE POSSIBLE DUE TO THE NATURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF QUARTZ.