First, we would like to thank you for choosing to have your new countertops installed by Lumbermen’s Counter Solutions. Our teams of employee owners look forward to serving you!
Before we arrive to template your new countertops, there are a few items that we ask you to take care of to help make this new addition to your home as stress-free and smooth as possible.
We do require that a decision maker is on site for the template to ensure we answer all questions regarding how you want your new countertops to look. This will help to make sure that you are getting the tops that you’ll love but also helps get the process underway once the template is complete. We will request a signature of the decision maker for the final selections. If no one is present we will be in contact to answer any remaining questions which may delay the start of the drawings for your tops.
Please make sure that all items are removed from existing countertops so we have a clear and unobstructed surface to template. If you have new cabinetry please make sure everything is in place and is flush and plumb. Make sure openings for appliances are the proper dimensions and all panels, trim etc that need to be factored into the countertop dimensions are in place.
Please also make sure that if any sinks are involved with the job that they are onsite for the template technician to bring them back to our shop for plotting to ensure the hole cut for the sink is accurate. If you are using a farm/apron type sink also make sure this sink is installed into the cabinetry in its final position PRIOR to the template. Faucets and other plumbing items do not need to be on site for template as these holes will be drilled at install but please be sure to have them by install. Any other items that will require a hole (i.e. pop up outlets, grommets etc.) should be discussed and dimensioned at template to ensure the hole is cut in fabrication or the install crews warned of any special size bits that are required to complete the hole.
If we are removing your old countertops, please make the template technician aware of this at template so they can take into consideration any added work that the installers may need to be aware of. Also, if any support is needed for the overhangs of the top this will also be discussed at template. The template technician will walk you through the template and cover any other miscellaneous items that may need to be addressed as well.
The completion of these items is greatly appreciated by your professional template technician.
For details regarding lead times please consult your dealer.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Before we arrive to install your new countertops, there are a few items that we ask you to take care of to help make this new addition to your home as stress-free and smooth as possible.
Please make sure that we have safe, unobstructed access from the install truck to the install location (kitchen, bathroom, etc.).
- This includes (but is not limited to): removal of snow/ice, construction debris, shoes, pets, children, furniture, pictures on the wall, and major appliances (if
- These tops are extremely heavy and fragile until installed. Any tripping hazard could potentially be dangerous.
Please also make sure that you have your new faucet on site, as well as any other items that will need a hole drilled in the countertop (soap dispenser, water purifier, etc.) These holes will be drilled on site at the time of install.
If we are removing your old countertops, please empty all the contents of the lower cabinets and place in a safe place in another room. This will allow the installers access to any screws for removal of the tops, help to limit damage or contamination of any cabinet contents, and make clean-up of any debris easier. All plumbing/electrical hookups will also need to be disconnected by others before we can remove the old countertops.
Finally, we will need someone on site with the authority to make decisions on any faucet hole layouts and to sign the final approval sheet when the installation is complete.
The completion of these items is greatly appreciated by your professional installation crew.
For details regarding lead times please consult your dealer.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Quartz countertops offer the beauty and resilience of natural quartz with many positive attributes that make them easy to care for. Natural quartz is tough, nonporous, stain-, heat-, and moisture-resistant for an attractive surface with great durability.
Please refer to the manufacturer’s web site for specific instructions and the warranty that applies to your countertop selection.
- Everyday cleaning, simply wipe with a soft cloth with soap and water
- Option 2 – Rubbing alcohol and water solution or mild household cleaners such as:
- Windex, 409, Fantastic, Simple Green, etc.
Always use a non-abrasive cloth when cleaning to avoid dulling your surface.
Always wipe surface thoroughly dry to avoid streaking and film build up.
Oils on any counter can leave the finish looking messy, smudged and reflect light unpleasantly.
- Option 1 – Soap and water
- Option 2 – Use a mild, alcohol-based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner or rubbing alcohol.
Staining resulting from cosmetic products can make anyone panic. Not to worry!
- Option 1 – Soap and Water
- Option 2 – Apply hydrogen peroxide at a maximum 30% concentration then rinse and wipe with water.
- Option 3 – Rubbing alcohol
Remove any residue from the hydrogen peroxide solution after cleaning to avoid damaging the finish.
Noticing metal marks on a quartz surface can often be confused for scratches. Such metal marks can be easily removed using simple methods. You can delicately rub a white latex eraser on the affected area. Once the stain is gone, clean the surface with one of the daily cleaning solutions as recommended above.
When cleaning any surface, the rule of thumb is to never apply pressure that is heavier than the natural weight of your hand. Otherwise, you can cause dull spots.
- Option 1 – Cleaning vinegar
- Option 2 – Non-abrasive scale remover solution
Scrape the hardened deposit off the surface using a plastic scraper or razor blade followed by one of the approved daily cleaning methods.
Matte finish surfaces require more daily maintenance than polished surfaces. Finger prints, wet spots, metal marks, and other signs of daily living show more on these types of surfaces. Apply the same cleaning guidelines with more frequency and gentler cleaning movement. If necessary, use Simple Green to remove any difficult spots. Matte finishes are not recommended for high traffic areas.
Cutting Boards and Trivets –Quartz surfaces are heat- and scratch-resistant, but not heat and scratch-proof. Hot pans and heat-generating appliances (frying pans, baking pans, electric skillets crock-pots, etc.) can damage your solid surface due to excessive heat. To prevent damage caused by heat, ALWAYS USE A TRIVET WITH LEGS to protect the surface. Always use a cutting board. Never chop or slice food directly on your countertops.
- If any of the substances mentioned below come into contact with your quartz, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.
- No Wax or Polish Necessary - Because it is nonporous, quartz does not require sealants or waxes. Quartz keeps its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing or applying sealant.
- Do Not Use Bleach - Avoid using cleaners that contain bleach. Always follow the cleaner manufacturer’s use instructions and exercise proper care when handling and storing any cleaning products.
- Avoid High-pH Cleaners - Casual exposure to alkaline solutions, such as diluted bleach, will not damage quartz. Highly alkaline (high pH) cleaners, such as oven cleaners and concentrated bleach, are not recommended.
- Removing Cooking Grease - When grease from cooking is an issue, use Greased Lightning™, or a comparable degreasing product, to help loosen and remove the grease from the surface. Follow the cleaner manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Permanent Markers - Keep permanent markers and inks away from your countertops. Should these materials come into contact with the surface, clean first as outlined above in the Daily Cleaning section. If the stain persists, moisten a cloth with Goo Gone®, or a comparable product, and rub it into the stain. Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any cleaner residue.
- Keep Solvents and Powerful Chemicals off of the Counter - Avoid exposing quartz to strong chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach, detergent, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from your quartz.
- Heat Damage Prevention - To maintain the beauty of quartz, do not place hot skillets or roasting pans directly onto the surface. We recommend the use of trivets and hot pads.
- Dealing with More Difficult Spills and Materials - Materials that harden as they dry (such as gum, food, grease, nail polish or paint) are especially tenacious. Remove these by gently scraping away the excess with a plastic putty knife.
Cambria Edge Profiles
All edges are the same price by thickness with the exception of Morraine, Shale, Rimrock and Idris edges. These profiles are not to scale.
*Additional fabrication charges apply
Other Quartz Edge Profiles
Profiles shown are for standard 3CM thickness only. Edge profiles may vary from images and dimensions are approximate. Not all profiles are available with all products or applications.
Quartz Sink Reveals
Sink choice may have an effect on availability of reveal.
Overhang Reveal (Standard)
The countertop edge overhangs to cover the inside edge of the sink.
The countertop edge sits back to expose the radius edge detail of the sink.
Cambria Design Center
2816 E. Kemper
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Monday – Friday by appointment only – schedule
online, call (513) 498-5522 or email
Welcome to the Cambria Design Center! We are happy to share these resources with you and hope that it helps grow your Cambria sales.
As a designer, you will have the freedom of taking your customers through the Design Center to view entire slabs of Cambria.
The Design Center will have the entire collection of 12X12 samples on hand as well as a selection of 24X24 slabs and full slabs. These samples are never allowed to leave the building. If you have a request for a sample, please contact your sales representative.
Lumbermen’s will not be responsible for any personal property that is lost or stolen at the Design Center.
Please turn the lights off as you leave.
Cambria Design Notice:
As a reminder, the Cambria slabs in our Design Center are a representation of what will be installed and are not for selection purposes.
Cambria is pure natural quartz. Variations in the natural stone (quartz) color, pattern, size, shape and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this product.
VARIATIONS IN THE NATURE STONE (QUARTZ) COLOR, PATTERN, SIZE, SHAPE AND SHADE ARE INHERENT AND UNIQUE CHARATERISTICS TO BE EXPECTED WITH THIS PRODUCT. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE PRODUCT PERFORMANCE IN ANY MANNER.
COLOR BLOTCHES ARE INTENDED AND DESIGNED INTO MANY COLORS TO ENHANCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY. THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
VEINED PATTERNS ARE ALSO INTENDED AND DESIGNED INTO MANY COLORS TO ENHANCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY. EVERY EFFORT IS MADE DURING PRODUCTION TO KEEP THE MATERIAL FLOW AND MOVEMENT THE SAME DIRECTION FOR THESE COLORS. DUE TO THE RANDOM NATURE OF VEINED COLORS IN TERMS OF DIRECTION, HUE, THICKNESS AND VEIN COLOR VARIATION ,THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE DESIGN WILL MATCH UP ACROSS SEAMS, MITERS AND AT LAMINATED (STACKED) EDGE PROFILES. VARIATION AT THESE POINTS IS COMMON AND TO BE EXPECTED AND NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
SAMPLES ARE FROM SMALL SELECT CUTS FROM A SLAB, THEY DO NOT EXHIBIT ALL THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A COLOR AND COMBINED WITH LIMITATIONS ARE NOT FULLY REPRESENTATIVE OF WHAT WILL BE INSTALLED.
WHITE CLIFF IS A UNIQUE, PURE WHITE COLOR AND SHOWS MARKINGS CAUSED DURING NORMAL USE.
PARYS, MINERA, ROSSLYN AND MENAI ARE UNIQUE MEMBERS OF CAMBRIA’S JEWEL COLLECTION. THESE SPECIAL QUARTZ COLORS HAVE AESTHETICS FOUND ONLY IN NATURE THAT ORIGINATE FROM MINERALS IN THE EARTH’S CRUST. IN THAT SPIRIT, BOTH OF THESE DISTINCTIVE AND TREASURED COLORS HAVE SURFACE DEVIATION TO THE TOUCH AND APPEARANCE. OUR DESIRE, AND THE MARKET DEMAND FOR THESE LOOKS COMPEL US TO OFFER THEM TO YOU AS THEY ARE, NATURALLY DOMINATED IN FREE FLOWING QUARTZ CRYSTALS.
SOME CAMBRIA COLLECTIONS CAPTURE ALL THE MOVEMENT AND UNPREDICTABILITY OF NATURE, IN A RANGE OF BOTH NEUTRAL AND VIBRANT TONES. SAMPLES ARE LIMITED TO 3X3’S AND 12X12’S AND CAN NOT POSSIBLY REPRESENT THE VARIATIONS OF COLORS AND VEINING IN THE ENTIRE SLAB, WHEN POSSIBLE PLEASE VISIT A CAMBRIA DESIGN GALLERY TO VIEW SLABS.
REQUESTS FOR PARTICULAR VARIATION AND COLOR CANNOT BE POSSIBLE DUE TO THE NATURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF QUARTZ.