First, we would like to thank you for choosing to have your new countertops installed by Lumbermen’s Counter Solutions. Our teams of employee owners look forward to serving you!
You will be contacted directly by one of our template technicians on the day your countertops are scheduled to be measured to verify their arrival time. Please review and complete this simple but important checklist before they arrive to ensure an efficient and accurate template experience.
Your Template Experience
- Please remove all objects or construction material from the top of cabinets. If existing countertops are in place, remove all household items. Your technician will require an unobstructed view of the fronts of cabinets and walls to develop the drawing that will be used for the fabrication of your countertops.
- If you are not using a Counter Solutions sink, please make sure your sink is on site. If it will be under mounted, we will most likely be taking the sink back to our shop to measure it and ensure a perfect fit.
- If you are using a farm/apron sink, we require that it is installed prior to templating.
- Ensure faucets and all other fixtures (soap, water purifier, disposal switch) on site for templating. If this is not possible, please be prepared to provide fixture specifications and to discuss number of holes and locations in which they need to be drilled.
- Be prepared to supply the make and model numbers of new stoves and cooktops. If you are using exisiting appliances, make sure they are on site for us to verify dimensions.
- A “decision maker” will need to be on site to assist in making any final choices required for sizing or design. We understand that most of these decisions and selections have already been made in participation with your salesperson, designer or builder, however, we appreciate the opportunity to doublecheck information before your countertops go into production.
Just as on your scheduled template day, your installation team will contact you with information pertaining to their arrival time. Please prepare accordingly by following these steps to assist in a safe and successful countertop installation.
Your Install Experience
- Coordinate the removal of existing countertops. If Counter Solutions is scheduled to do the removal of your existing countertops, we ask that you clear out the contents of the lower cabinets. While our team pays great attention to keeping mess to a minimum, some dust or debris from your existing countertops may fall into cabinets while we are removing them. This also allows the team to conduct cleaning during and upon completion of your installation.
- Clear any construction material or tools from cabinets so our team is ready to carry
countertops in when they arrive.
- Disconnect any water, gas or electrical lines. This would include an existing sink or an existing cooktop. Our Counter Solutions Team members have been instructed to avoid disturbing any existing plumbing, gas or electric lines as they are not licensed plumbers or electricians.
- Remove top drawers of cabinets so our installation team has access to the underside of the new countertops. If this proves for any reason to be too difficult, your installation team will be happy to assist.
- Provide a safe and unobstructed route from where our team will park their vehicle to where your countertops will be installed. This would include snow and ice removal, removal of construction related material and furniture if the situation requires. Whatever could be done to coordinate easy access to the room where the work is being done is appreciated and your install team will communicate and assist where needed.
- Appliances, new and existing, must be onsite for the installation of your new countertops. Your installation team will need access to all appliances in order to verify the sizes of cooktop cutouts, stove and fridge openings.
- A “decision maker” will also need to be onsite during your installation to assist with any minor questions your installers may have. Your installation team may require further information if faucet holes need to be drilled or if they have any questions that may help to ensure your satisfaction. We would also appreciate your time to review and approve of the work once the installation has been completed.
Thank you for selecting one of the solid surfacing products by Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s. Our goal is to provide you with the finest in decorative surfacing products. Part of that commitment is the manufacturer’s limited warranty for your solid surfacing. Consumer awareness is the most integral part in maintaining this warranty. Therefore, the following guidelines and precautions were developed to assist you in keeping your solid surfacing warranty. Please read through these guidelines with your installer and sign a copy for your records.
Hot pans and heat-generating appliances (frying pans, baking pans, electric skillets crock-pots, etc.) can damage your solid surface due to excessive heat. To prevent damage caused by heat, ALWAYS USE A TRIVET WITH LEGS to protect the surface. Damage caused by excessive heat can be repaired; however it is not covered under your warranty.
Always use a cutting board instead of cutting directly on the surface. While minor cuts and scratches can be buffed out using a circular motion with a Scotch-Brite® pad, care should be taken to prevent them. For semi-gloss and gloss finishes, please contact Counter Solutions by Lumbermen’s at 866-836-7691 before attempting to repair the surface.There may be a cost associated with renewing this type of finish.
Caring for your Solid Surfacing is as simple as wiping with a damp cloth or with soap and water. Or if you prefer, wipe it clean with a non-abrasive household glass cleaner. In case of staining or spotting, please refer to the care and maintenance instructions on the manufacturer’s web site.
Cleaning your integral or undermount solid surfacing sink is similar to your countertop. Another technique is to fill the bowl half way with water. Add ½ cup of bleach for a vanity; add one cup for a kitchen sink. Allow the solution to soak for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. As the water drains, rub the sides and bottom with a maroon or finer Scotch-Brite® pad. Again, rinse well using plenty of water.
Avoid exposing the surface to harsh chemicals, such as paint remover, turpentine, nail polish remover or stove and drain cleaners. If these chemicals come in contact with the surface, immediately wash them off with water, using appropriate safety measures to avoid injury.
Dishwashers must be installed in such a way that the front of the door protrudes past the front edge of the countertop a minimum of a ¼ inch. Freestanding ranges must be installed and leveled flush or higher than the countertop, never lower. All drop-in ranges and cooktops must have heat reflective tape in place around the cutout when installed. If heat reflective tape is not present, contact your fabricator or kitchen dealer immediately. Do not use screws to attach anything to your solid surface. Upon replacement of a range or cooktop, contact your fabricator or local solid surface dealer for requirements and assistance.
If the need ever arises to repair your solid surface countertop, color matched material (produced at the same time your countertop material was produced) will be required. A small amount of this material is provided at the time of install from cutouts (sink, cooktop, etc.). Without this material, neither your solid surface manufacturer nor Lumbermen’s Inc. can guarantee color consistency of a repair. Inspection and maintenance of caulking is the consumer’s responsibility.
Your new Solid Surface comes with a limited warranty. It is warranted against defects in the material, workmanship, fabrication, and installation under normal use and services. Please carefully read the manufacturer’s warranty at their web site for specific details.
The warranty shall not apply to damage arising from any of the following:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse;
- Exposure to extreme temperatures;
- Improper maintenance, including improper grout or caulk; or
- Alteration or repairs by anyone other than a certified solid surface fabricator.
Other Brands Include (but are not limited to)
Solid Surface Edge Profiles
Edge profiles may vary slightly from pictures. Not all profiles are available with all solid surface brands. Contact customer service if more details are required.
Up Charge Selection
Additional fabrication charges apply dependent upon profile selection.
Solid Surface Sink Reveals
Integrated sinks with a seamless appearance are available in acrylic material and Karran Edge Series stainless steel. The following reveals may also be available.
Overhang Reveal (Standard)
The countertop edge overhangs to cover the inside edge of the sink.
The countertop edge sits back to expose the radius edge detail of the sink.
Solid Surface Veins
Some solid surface patterns are directional or veined. Directional/veined materials may have visible pattern changes at material seam locations. Butt seams are quoted unless otherwise indicated; mitered (diagonal) corner seams may be requested at an upcharge.
Dark Color Release Form
Counter Solutions requires the end user to sign a waiver whenever dark colors are used in high traffic areas, such as kitchen or commercial countertops.
The formulation used to manufacture the darker colors is the same as all other colors. However, dark colors are prone to show scratches, dirt, grease, and water spots more commonly than lighter colors.
For these reasons, Lumbermen’s policy is to have a signed copy of this notification prior to your countertop’s installation.
This waiver serves as a written document to be included in the warranty file stating that Lumbermen’s has informed the end user of such possibilities when using any dark color.